September 13, 2008

07 Pepsi Music, ROMs

MUSIC The East Village Opera Company came and went, and I couldn't find someone to tag along with me so I missed it. I guess most people don't have this kind of 'concert craving' that I possess. I've gone as far as thinking about traveling to Argentina for the Pepsi Music Festival '08, to check out Stone Temple Pilots (since they canceled the rest of their South American tour), Mötley Crüe, Nine Inch Nails, Catupecu Machu, and more than a hundred (yes) bands over the course of a month. In the end, I probably won't be attending, but I've always wanted to go on a trip with a music concert as the exclusive reason; so when they ask me at the embassy "what is the reason of your trip?" I say: to rock!
I heard Paradise Lost found a replacement drummer and might still be playing Lima in november. This is the neverending story... I just hope they come. Skid Row's still a rumor, REM have confirmed their concert in Lima, making this one of the best music news of the year. Even if I don't go.
Also, this was found in my brother's room:

I just cried. It's his bandmate's new toy. I never thought I'd see the day when one of Dimebag Darrell's favorite guitars was in my hands. This... device, it is cool beyond words.

MOVIES Nothing new lately, although Feast will be coming to theaters very soon. Can you believe that? It was released in 2005 in the States!!! Well, I'll try and watch it before it disappears from theaters -like Diary of the Dead a couple months ago- since I haven't had the time to watch it yet (I've had it since last year). Need to get back in the B-movie groove.

GAMES (from my last post): At this rate I'll go back to Super Nintendo emulators.
Well what do you know? I'm picking up again games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV and Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow. And I'm loving it.
Something else to mention: This SuperNes / Game Boy Advance revival came because of The Backloggery, which is my new source of procrastination. I have more than 250 games logged already, with many more to come (when my memory allows it).

No comments: